Tuesday 1 January 2013

Happy New Year!

Hello! I hope everyone had a great Christmas and got the chance to chill a bit and enjoy their families. We had a quiet time for once which was lovely and just what we needed. I took the opportunity to finish some projects and work on others.



This is a little cardigan that had been hanging around for weeks waiting for me to knit the button bands and then sew together - the most hateful job. Its for a baby due in 3 weeks so really needed to be finished, Its a sweet pattern and I like it very much,


A simple guernsey jumper for my little grandson - nice and loose fitting, perfect for layering. He will look adorable in it.


 A headband for my daughter, I didn't think she would wear one but when asked said yes, so out came the needles. Very quick and simple knit. Here it is being modelled!



Then - helping my daughter finish a blanket destined for her future ma-in-law! Poor girl has been working so hard in the lead up to Christmas that she just couldn't find the time so I gave her a hand.

 
I love the idea of small squares outside a large one, and have mentally filed this away as a future project to think about.

And last but certainly not least... a fabulous Christmas present from my daughter. A gorgeous doorstop, handmade for me, in the image of an allotment shed (but much nicer than my actual allotment shed!).


LOOK at those beautiful embroidered hollyhocks



Sweet peas scrambling over a wigwam

 
 
 
Lavender and a pair of green wellies


 
 
and a door. Isn't it truly gorgeous, the girl who made it for my daughter is young and sews beautifully. I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment