Friday 8 November 2013

Massive Catch Up!

I can't believe how long it is since I wrote on this blog, I swear I don't know where the time has gone, but here we are in November, Christmas looming...oh dear.

The growing season has been and gone, a mixed year, very good for fruit and tomatoes, also some quite good spuds, but very poor for beans, courgettes etc. Allotment is in the process of being cleared, dug and mucked ready for next year. I have already put in some garlic which is through!

My hubby had a fall at the beginning of the year, due to a misdiagnosis and long NHS waiting lists, he is finally going to have an op at the end of the month to repair torn tendons in his left shoulder. He is very fed up and in a lot of pain. He had a pre op assessment appointment this week and we're hoping for the go ahead - concerns over blood pressure etc. Fingers crossed.

I have been knitting and made this...
 
 

 a short scarf with a cable running through it, also a buttonhole, made from a skein of Fyberspates Silk Aran I bought at Willowmead Alpaca Farm, gorgeous yarn.
 
 
Also a little dress for a sweet little girl called Freya. It is the first time I have knitted in the round, I found it quite difficult  to start with but soon got into the swing. Yarn is hand dyed BFL I got at a local pop  up shop a year or so ago.
 
I have been to a couple of workshops, have learnt how to wet felt! I really LOVED doing this and plan to do some at home and am gradually gathering together bits and pieces for it.
 
I went to another workshop where we learnt to make bath bombs....
 
 
 
they were great fun to make and really easy, mine were scented with grapefruit!
 
 
also made lip balm and a healing balm (in the kilner jar)
 
 
 
 

 
 



these were such fun to make and so EASY, will definitely be making these again.
 
I spent a happy half hour making gift tags for Christmas recently, when were in the States a couple of years ago I had a great morning in a huge craft store and bought (amongst other things) some stickers, I got some small brown luggage labels and stuck stickers....
 
 
all I need is some ribbon and they're ready.
 
In other news, our daughter's wedding plans are going well. I need to start looking for an outfit which I'm not looking forward to - hate clothes shopping.
 
See you soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment